Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial denture.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a specialized denture brush.
- Use soap and water instead of toothpaste, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Keep pets away from dentures, they will chew and destroy dentures.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
Are You Exploring Replacement Teeth Options?
Have confidence in your appearance and regain functionality with your teeth. Call us today!